Tuesday 3 March 2015

Suarez denies bite claims

Cape Town - Barcelona forward Luis Suarez has denied claims that he bit Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis on Tuesday.

WATCH: Did Suarez bite Demichelis?
Two first half goals by Luis Suarez gave Barcelona a 2-1 win at Manchester City as they moved within sight of the Champions League quarter-finals.
Lionel Messi's injury-time penalty miss was not the last moment of drama in the match after visuals emerged of the Barcelona forward appearing to bite Demichelis.
The Uruguayan star has denied the claims, insisting the English media are out to "make trouble" for him, according to the Guardian.
“He [Demichelis] put his hand on my throat,” Suarez explained to Uruguayan radio station Sport 890."  
“I do not understand why they [the English media] want to do this. They want to make trouble for me. They must be hurt after what I did to them in the World Cup but they forget that I played in England and they should show me some respect.”
Barcelona host Manchester City on March 18, to decide which European giant will progress to the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

No comments: